The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
There are thousands of ways to furnish a home. You probably know most of them.
Can you lead and show a team how to do it?
About the job
Being the store interior design manager demands energy and enthusiastic leadership. You share your deep knowledge of people’s life at home and home furnishing competence with your store team. Your main challenge is to show functional, beautiful, sustainable and affordable furnishing solutions that are relevant to your local market. You also challenge and encourage people to see their homes in new ways.
A day in your life with us:
- Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
- Applying your extensive home furnishing knowledge to create up to date room settings and other store media, thereby creating vitality throughout the IKEA store.
- Using the richness of the IKEA product range to show distinct and different styles that appeal to many individual tastes and needs.
- Reflecting the IKEA identity and creating visual impact in all commercial, sales support and co-worker areas.
- Recruiting, developing and leading your team by encouraging open, constructive and honest, two-way feedback.
- Lead, inspire and challenge to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation and home furnishing solutions such as room settings, homes, vignettes and sales support areas.
- Improve their knowledge of people's life at home and translate this knowledge into relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions.
- Inspire the team with up-to-date knowledge about home furnishing, retailing and trends.
- Contribute with deep knowledge and home furnishing competence in working together with the team and other functions.
- Act quickly on commercial opportunities and understand the impact of department actions on the financial results.
- Actively contribute in the global Interior Design network and share global directions and tools.
- A higher education qualification in interior design and a solid background of working as an interior designer.
- Deep passion, curiosity and understanding for home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
- Acting as an inspiring and motivating leader who can engage people fully to reach set goals, and generate growth and long-term profitability.
- Continually seeking new opportunities to make improvements in the way we work and encouraging your team to do the same.
- Challenging your team and yourself in order to strengthen the IKEA Brand and at the same time exceed the expectations of customers.
- Clear communication and coaching skills, i.e. the ability to explain concepts verbally and visual interpretation.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of available time and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using interior design software and production tools.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.