The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
As a Facility Specialist, the specialist is to ensure that the work we do and what we procure from our contractors, is done. IKEA is always looking for Talent that can be developed into leadership roles, part of the job is to support the team and build up competence to lead future teams of peers.
- To contribute by ensuring a safe, clean and functional environment and providing a comprehensive maintenance service to the building equipment & machines.
- To ensure all the building facilities assets and systems are maintain in a good and serviceable working condition at all times.
- To contribute to maintaining the store 'In Shape as New', servicing, affect limited repairing and ensure that all mechanical, electrical and building systems and services are in good working condition at all time.
- To be accountable for all fixed and tangible assets and inventory pertaining to the building and systems therein.
- To investigate and trouble shoots all equipment failures and malfunctions before calling outside repairmen.
- To coordinate and supervise work performed by outside contractors for maintenance especially for Restaurant, Kitchen and SFM Bistro.
- Preferably, at least 2-3 years of experience in facilities maintenance work in Food industry.
- Must have able to write simple reports
- This is a technical work and most of the building equipment is controlled by PC based equipment and the candidate must be able to operate and read the system.
Please apply by 31-Mar-2023.