Empleos > Sustainability Compliance Auditor with Bulgarian (located in Bucharest or Istanbul)
Descripción del trabajo
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people – our customers, co-workers and suppliers. To be able to work close to our Supply Partners all over the world, 7 Purchasing & Logistics Areas (PLA) with in total 24 PLA offices are established. The PLA assignment is, besides leading and securing the legal operations, all about identifying efficiencies and synergies to enable business growth and secure partnership between the different Supply Business Units.
The newly established PLA South operates offices in Milano, Bucharest, Istanbul and Karachi and geographically covers total South Europe and the Middle East. PLA South is supporting 200 suppliers and has in total 350 co-workers employed.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We believe that you are a person who take the lead and drive your area of responsibility and interacting with people comes very natural to you. You are self-reliant and motivated to be a part of the development of IKEA and like to work efficiently and with continuous improvements. To have excellent communication and interpersonal skills is critical for this role.
For us in IKEA, the most important thing is that you share our values. As a person you value modesty and have strong willpower. You also have the ability to create togetherness and enthusiasm around you. Furthermore we see that you have:
• You studied environmental/economical/social (related to sustainability)/technical university or sustainability is your passion and the way of life
• You have good knowledge of local legislation for different processes and operations with regard to environmental, health and safety, and labour law
• You have great auditing potential (you can analyze the reality of the situation, create a friendly atmosphere during the audits, motivate suppliers and conduct interviews with employees)
• You can suggest a better solution while respecting the working methods
• You can work independently; you are well-organized type of a person
• You have the ability to work with and through others
• You are self-driven with a “hands on” approach to your work
• You are a good communicator, you are assertive
• You are honest with high integrity
• You have the ability to make, present, and argue your opinions
• You have a good time management and you respect deadlines
• You are flexible, good communicator and team player
• You have strong communication skills in spoken and written English.
• You preferably have previous exposure to ISO 14001, ISO 28000, OHSAS 18001, SA 8000 standards
• You are available to travel and have a valid driving license
Last but not least is the mandatory requirement to be fluent in Bulgarian and/or Serbian, as most of your activity will take place in these regions.
About the job
• You will plan and perform sustainability verification activities (environmental and social & working conditions) in accordance with our working methods and all other relevant mandatory documents
• Your responsibility will be to gather and analyse information and facts to draw conclusions about compliance/non-compliance, using auditing methods including in-depth interviews with individuals/groups with different parties at suppliers
• You will use a root cause analysis of non-compliance and create understanding for suppliers in order to achieve compliance
• You will issue final approvals and ensure that all relevant systems are updated in accordance to our working methods
• You will perform the initial sustainability compliance assessments for new suppliers
• You will support the business development teams during the implementation process at the suppliers and sub-suppliers
• You will train and support suppliers, business development teams and new auditors according to our methods and compliance agenda
• You will share our good business practice which you will gain during the auditing process at different manufacturing or operations sites, contributing to the business development
• Your responsibility will be to perform other sustainability compliance verification activities related, such as traceability verification for critical materials and animal welfare
• You will contribute to sustainability compliance action plan, prepare and implement relevant activities
The role can be located in one of the following offices: Bucharest or Istanbul.
How is it to work in IKEA?
• Attitude towards our colleagues is very simple – honest and frank employees always get a chance to grow both in their personal and career life in a way so all of us can contribute to better everyday life for us and for our customers
• We do not intend to only fill in the positions here – we want to accept unique personalities who will share our values
• We listen to our colleagues, we understand their needs and we support their ambitions and skills
• We offer a possibility to work in a fast growing company and in an environment where people and togetherness are the main values
It is not your CV that we want as colleague, it is YOU, so do not overdo your CV, send us a short one! And please, write us a personal message, say something about you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, so do not be late! Send in your application today! Submit your application as soon as possible, however not later than February, 8th, 2021.
*** Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!