Why we will love you
As an instore Technical Support Specialist, you will provide 2nd line technical support and hardware maintenance covering a home store location base (Croydon) and to other IKEA stores/units within a larger regional team, providing support and cover for business-as-usual service desk covering tasks as well as support for location and national project.
You will have experience working in a similar role and be able to demonstrate excellent IT skills. You should have a flexible and logical approach to working and be a team player with good problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills.
Essential Competency Required:
• Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment, and applications.
• Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
• Strong communications skills
• Natural problem solver and thinking out of the box approach
• Prior customer services experience
• Previous experience within an IT support environment.
• Experience in the following:
o Windows Operating Systems
o Application troubleshooting (Teams, Outlook, Word, SharePoint, One drive, etc)
o Hardware troubleshooting (desktop, laptop, phones, Printers, Tills, Chip & Pin)
o Remote Support
o Customer Service
• An Understanding of the ITIL framework
• Experience working with SLAs & KPIs
• Industry-recognized qualifications in relevant area is desirable (MCP / CCNA / CompTIA)
What you'll be doing day to day
Below are some of the day-to-day duties you will cover:
• Windows Workstations Environment (Windows 8.1, 10, and 11)
• Setup computers, laptops, printers, tablets as well as Android and IOS devices
• Applications installation/deployment
• Users and computers management (Active Directory)
• Wifi client setup, VPN setup
• Network cable patching, Layer two network configuration experience
• Laptop, Desktop, and printer hardware parts replacement.
Primarily working with ITSD work will be covered below:
• 1st Line Support of Software / Hardware related Incidents and Service Requests
• Accurately log incidents and ensure all relevant data is captured.
• Direct first-hand ticket ownership.
• Regularly update tickets logged and manage the ticket assigned to your group.
• Maintain a high level of First Contacts Fixes.
• Proactively keep customers informed on an incident/request status and progress.
• Escalate incidents to the relevant resolver group where first contact fix is not possible.
• Adapting and keeping up to date with current standard procedures.
• Proactively maintain and develop technical knowledge.
• Escalate potential service/problem issues initially with the relevant management/departments.
About this work area
To be the local business partner responsible for IT and working as one seamless IT organization with IKEA Business Solutions. To ensure IKEA technology solutions are delivered to high standards to meet the needs of customers and co-workers in order to enhance the whole IKEA shopping experience. To secure effective information technology (IT) that supports IKEA business processes by maintaining, developing, and supporting reliable, robust, and efficient IT solutions. Country IT contributes to the growth of IKEA and improves the customer´s life at home.
What you need to know
This position is full-time, you will work 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm could work occasional Sunday nights. Some work can only be done at night whilst the store is closed so some weekly night shift work could also be required.
The home store Location is Croydon with travel to other stores within a 45-minute travel radius. Some overnight stay may be required. Someone who has a driver's license and owns transport would be preferred for this role.
We are offering a competitive starting from £26,000 plus full benefits package for this role as well as performance related bonus.
To enable us to get to know you in the best way, we ask that you please include an up-to-date version of your CV with a cover letter.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual interview with the hiring team.
If you have any questions regarding the role or around the recruitment experience, please contact Cheryl Craig.
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talents to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family’s everyday needs. Read more about the wonderful IKEA every day here: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/this-is-ikea/work-with-us/
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make a great idea a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognized for our diverse talents.