As the IKEA franchisor, Core Business Franchise has three core tasks: To protect, develop and enable the future success of the IKEA Concept. We are on the journey to transform our digital capabilities, bringing core business processes, people, data & technology together - an enabler for IKEA to become an even better home furnishing retailer in the future. A journey that needs passionate people who embrace change, dare to question and want to make a difference. If that sounds like you, come and join us. Together we can do great things!
About the job
We expect that you become the centre of excellence in the accounting topics and together with the team move forward to an excellent and efficient way of working throughout Core Business Franchise as a part of the Record 2 Report (R2R) team, reporting to the Accounting Manager. To succeed in the role, you deliver via implementing new and smarter ways of working, working together with the other Financial Accountants, Controllers and various financial and non-financial stakeholders. You understand the numbers and can explain them. You promote and embrace new tools and support the implementations.
The key responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Accountable for correct accounting and legal entity reporting. Thereby securing proper documentation for journals and reconciliations;
- As a team, you assist with the annual audit process of the financial statements of the respective legal entities;
- Contributing and working closely together with peers across the totality of Core Business Franchise and across IKEA to strengthen and contribute to a strong and relevant financial reporting;
- Month end close processes, including month end journal processing (correction, accruals, prepayments, depreciation, revaluation, income tax, etc.), specifications/reconciliations and SAP pack reporting to Group;
- As a team, accountable for the recharging process for costs within the Inter IKEA group;
- Accountable for various tax and transfer pricing reporting in close cooperation with Tax;
- Super user for the involved accountants systems (Coda), taking part in forums and knowledge sharing.
Accountable for various tax and transfer pricing reporting in close cooperation with Tax;
Super user for the involved accountants systems (Coda), taking part in forums and knowledge sharing.
You have the ability to explain processes and procedures to the organization and work independently in a team that operates in a high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. You are able to guide (financial) audits & take the lead. Preferably you have project management skills and you are discrete with sensitive and confidential information.
To be successful in this role, the following knowledge, skills and experiences would be valuable:
- In-depth understanding of accounting through specialised and senior experience;
- An accounting degree or similar, alternatively similar knowledge acquired through experience;
- Attention to detail, diligent and a passion for numbers;
- Team player, working closing with co-workers within the R2R team;
- Very good understanding of (in)tangible fixed assets, tax accounting and statistical reporting;
- An understanding of potential impact of compliance on the IKEA brand;
- Be able to read and follow up on relevant financial and accounting procedures, policies and tools;
- Understanding of transfer pricing and CIT filings;
- Good computer literacy with MS Office (especially Excel), experience with CODA, SAPBPC, and Qliksense is a plus;
- Well organized, structured and self-starter;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally & written in English, as English is the business language of IKEA.
We offer an exciting work environment in a global marketplace with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. You will be part of a flexible, values-driven and open organization and get the opportunity to work with a fantastic brand. We always recruit based on values, competence and diversity. This is a full time role (40 hours per week) located in Delft, Netherlands. The role sits in the Finance Performance and Operations function and the Record to Report team consists of Financial Accountants in Delft and in Sweden and we are looking for a local based colleague.
If you have any questions about the role, feel free to connect with: Kerem Van Der Wijk, Accounting Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the recruitment process, please connect with Olivia Håkansson, Recruiter for this role at email@example.com
Interested? Submit your CV and letter of motivation, in English, by June 4th 2023.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please be aware that we don't accept applications via email. Please apply via Smartrecruiters.