Empleos > Tech Lead | Core Business Franchise
Descripción del trabajo
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop our knowledge in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world. And to be accessible and relevant, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
About Inter IKEA Systems and Core Business Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the franchisor and the owner of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA trademarks.
In Core Business Franchise we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework and keeping it together through an IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
IKEA Consumer and Market Insight (ICMI)
Are you a focused individual who likes to do things differently and wants to be part of a force for positive change for people and the environment? We’re looking for a curious and self-propelled Tech Lead to join us in creating solutions for a better tomorrow. You’ll be part of a product team that contributes to Consumer and Market Insight products that would help shape IKEA’s experiences, strategy & plans.
The New Products will be:
- How People Live
- How People Shop
- Brand and Range Performance
- Customer Experience
- Strategic Market Insight
- Competitor Insight
About the role:
As the Hands-on Software Engineering Tech Lead you will leave your mark in many ways. The Tech Lead is a critical role within the digital transformation that IKEA is currently undergoing, so there is no more exciting time to join us than now.
- Lead, influence & implement the technical roadmap of our digital insight products in light of overall technology and architecture roadmaps.
- Be responsible for the architecture of the product, making sure that technical and non-technical components work together in the product to deliver the customer needs.
- Lead and Develop the digital development and operations of the product using Python, RESTful API and Microsoft Azure Cloud, ideally with some Data Insights experience.
- Steer the technical excellence of the application and consistency with relevant digital frameworks, best practices and standards.
- Coach and enable other product team members to deliver best-in-class products.
- Ensure reusability of product components and contribute to relevant tech communities across IKEA.
- Work closely with the product owners, data engineers, data scientists, or architects across IKEA as well as in your Agile product team.
If you want to be part of a curious, creative environment that’s open to taking risks, this may be your new home.
As Tech Leader, you will use your solid hands-on skills across full-stack development, with a track record of developing, maintaining and operating digital analytics products. Experience around data processing, integration, modeling and visualization will be highly regarded.
You’ll bring strong experience in leading teams (directly or indirectly) and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge across digital technology, digital infrastructure, IT services and digital steering frameworks.
You will apply what you know, bringing your Software Engineering experience (Python) and ETL systems knowledge (like snaplogic, airflow, Azure DataFactory) to work in a DevOps-focused (CI/CD) environment. You'll create business insights products by combining data and technology with the help of architecture frameworks and tools like Github, Docker, Kubernetes and AKS. Ideally, you will have experience working with cloud-based and advanced analytics technologies (like MS Azure, Terraform, Databricks or others) and will be comfortable working in an agile environment.
We see leadership as an action, not a position. We’re looking for a hands-on, creative team player who can lead by example while finding simple solutions to complex problems. Someone who can share their knowledge as well as mentor and lead others.
What we can offer you?
- An opportunity to put your mark in the transformation of IKEA and to have a direct impact on the lives of the many people
- A modern and colourful office with closeness to the business; located on top of the IKEA Delft store!
- A unique IKEA culture where you can be yourself, everyday
- A challenging work environment, where technical excellence and collaboration are key, and fun is a must
- Plenty of room for your ambitions as well as career opportunities at home and abroad
- Continuous learning on the job; with majority of the time being spent in your assigned product – but with time for you to develop and grow through other platforms
- Competitive financial terms of employment, including 13th month pay, pension scheme and an overall attractive package
- Monthly net contribution for your health care allowance, calculated based on a premium cover
- Co-worker discount at IKEA stores
- A fantastic opportunity both for you and IKEA. You will solve challenges at a unique scale within a globally successful iconic company
And what do we ask of you? That you are yourself and share your enthusiasm and values for all things IKEA.
This is a position located in Delft, Netherlands and you will report to the Chapter Manager.
The closing date to apply for this role is Friday 10th December 2021. Please send your application with a CV and motivation letter in English and tell us why you would be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we are continuously interviewing candidates.
Please note that this recruitment will stretch over the Christmas holidays, and will therefore entail a longer lead time than the usual process.