Empleos > Expansion Interior Design Manager | IKEA | Jebel Ali - Dubai
Descripción del trabajo
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree / Diploma in Interior Designing or Architecture
- 5 years experience in Interior Design, IKEA experience is preferred
- Deep interest in and highly developed knowledge of home furnishings and the way people live
- Project management and store layout experience
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence
- Creative, commercial and visual expert
- Has a passion for interior design, home furnishings and design.
- Understands customer buying behaviour and buying decisions.
- Knows the competition on the local market.
- Has experience in incorporating the commercial calendar into the Communication & Interior Design action plan.
- Extensive knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a store Interior design manager
- Good time management skills and flexibility.
- Strong Interpersonal & Leadership skills
About the Role
You contribute to positioning the IKEA store as the “Leader in life at home” in our market in order to maximize sales and long-term profitability. I do this by securing the effective implementation of global solutions using my knowledge of people’s life at home and consumer buying behaviour in my market and my home furnishing competence to adapt these to meet our national needs.
Main responsibilities are:
- To ensure we visualize the uniqueness of the IKEA product range within room settings, homes, vignettes, sales support areas and co-worker areas, shopping centers and other IKEA unites to distance us from the competition.
- Optimizing the use of the IKEA store layout and store media by developing and implementing range presentation solutions that strengthen the connection between the IKEA offer and every life of many people.
- Securing a deep knowledge of all store media and clarifying the main purpose of each media.
- Reflecting the IKEA brand identity and creating visual impact in all commercial, sales support and co-worker areas.
- To work with the Service Office (SO) Communication & Interior Design (Com &In) colleagues, expansion colleagues and other functions to secure the alignment of our stores with global and national priorities within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- To lead and inspire the Interior Design planner’s team to develop and implement store layout as a commercial tool, range presentation and store communication.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Actively support the Com &In manager expansion in implementing the country business plan and the country Com & In BP plan to support the optimization of sales and our long-term growth in our new to build stores.
- Support the stores to ensure the uniqueness of the IKEA Brand identity in range presentation and store communication in order to distance us from the competition. Taking ownership for how we are working with interior design in my country.
- Using range presentation solutions are relevant to the many people’s life at home in my national market and that it accurately reflects demographics, living conditions and out visitors needs and wants.
- Securing that our solutions reflect a wide variety style expressions and functions to meet individual tastes and stimulate our visitors to change their home furnishings more often, using IKEA style groups and IKEA living situations.
- Develop the store layout and support the stores to ensure it is used to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and supports our commercial priorities.
- Working with SO Com & In colleagues, Sales leaders, Fulfilment team and other SO functions to agree on our regional l priorities. Together developing solutions that present and communicate the IKEA product range in a way that reflects its width and depth and strengthens our lowprice profile on all levels and reflects our local market needs.
- To working closely with the Country Com & In interior design leader , country marketing department colleagues and other SO colleagues to ensure the regional business plan calendar and messages are communicated in a clear, consistent and inspiring way, supporting commercial priorities and reflecting seasonality.
Store Support (New Store)
- Work with the interior design planners to develop and implement the store layout to meet and exceed visitor's expectations on the IKEA shopping and buying experience, strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA product range, graphic identity and tone of voice.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding of people’s needs and wants, their living situations and living conditions and consumer buying behaviour in my national market and I am inquisitive to find out more.
- Analyze the IKEA Customer Satisfaction survey (ICSS) , IKEA Brand Capital and other visitor feedback and use these insights to work with the store Com & In teams to improve the experience of our visitors and convert them into satisfied customers.
- Working with Expansion Graphic communication leader, Expansion Visual merchandising manager to ensure consistency in how we communicate throughout our new stores.
- Supporting the new stores to ensure the implementation of store communication using the layout to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and support our commercial priorities.
- Work with good time management skills.
- Sharing good ideas and coaching interior design manager’s new stores and your interior design planners to improve their competence.
- Support and coach interior design managers of new stores and interior design planners team to secure that layouts, range presentations solutions is prioritized, placed correctly, consistent and understandable, clear and uncluttered with the customer in focus.
- Ability to coach and educate Com & In colleagues, other functions and our store interior design managers on how to work with manuals, global directions and tools within my area of responsibility.
- Lead, inspire and challenge the interior design planners in your team to constantly increase their knowledge of people’s life at home, consumer behavior and develop their interior design skills.
- Ability to form business relationships
- Able to prioritize workload effectively and work under challenging environment
- Coordinate with the regional expansion plans and store rebuilds, special projects whenever necessary. This can include commercial planning, build up and opening phases.
- Supporting with current ways of working and business practices.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.