Empleos > Regional Competence Manager | IKEA | Dubai, UAE
Descripción del trabajo
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the expertise and experience in designing and implementing leadership capability, review and development initiatives, competency frameworks, career development, talent management and succession processes.
You have a deep business knowledge and are energized by working in a changing complex environment and you navigate with confidence in an agile way. You have excellent skills in communication, negotiation and have a strong engagement and commitment to develop the business by optimizing performance through people. You appreciate the mix of strategic, tactical and operational thinking and demonstrate an open mind-set. You are a strong communicator with the ability to influence and inspire across all levels. You show high level of integrity from a values perspective and credibility built through seniority and extensive competence in the HR field.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Human Resource, Psychology or Business Management Degree. CIPD qualification desirable
- 5 years’ experience in a Training with 12 months experience in a Training Management role; 12 months experience as a Store Learning & Development Specialist, IKEA experience preferred
- Budget planning, business acumen, communication design, data analysis, planning & coordination, project management, change management, stakeholder management, Talent and L&D operational audits
- Knowlege of digital tools and platforms for learning
- Agile and digital mindset
- Strong Influencing and stakeholder management skills
- People Management
About the Role
You define and lead competence development agenda, securing right leadership and competence to achieve the business plan objectives (increase revenues, workforce planning, support performance, increase commercial outcomes) thus building a high level of competencies and capability that will drive the business forward. You support the organisation in identifying and developing Talent with close partnership with business leaders
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Provide strategic support in identifying, developing and positioning of Talent across the Service office and IKEA stores
- Develop and secure capabilities and leadership by maximising the AL Futtaim Learning Centre (AFLC) offerings and Inter-IKEA Training College programmes available globally and locally
- Support the business expansion and growth by leveraging upon the Al Futtaim’s Talent for Growth agenda through a solid and long-term succession plan
- Identify and implement suggested improvements to Talent and L&D processes through process mapping and review of the activity, in alignment with the Al Futtaim Talent Agenda
- Collaborate with the Al Futtaim Acquisition department in ensuring selection assessment aligns with the business competence and leadership requirements
- Develop and implement Leadership programmes to support development of potentials and leaders at all levels e.g. Grow With Us Programme
- Work with Al Futtaim Learning Centre in maximum utilisation of Competence and Leadership offerings e.g. Leaders for Growth, Six Sigma, Frontline Leadership
- Coordinate closely with IKEA HRBPs and business managers in ensuring Succession Plan is in place and individual development plan is created to support IKEA’s growth and expansion
- Work in partnership with Al Futtaim Emiratisation in ensuring continued learning and development for Emiratis
- Collaborate with the business to ensure that competent successors are identified in key roles as per the business structure
- Comply with Al Futtaim Talent Review guidelines in identifying talent on 9 box grid, as well as implementing action plan for successors in critical roles and high risk level
- Work closely with Store L&Ds and HRBP in ensuring that the Individual Development Plan (IDP) is accordingly implemented and followed through
- Business partnering with a variety of stakeholders at all levels to secure competence development / learning development agenda delivers to business objectives
- Provide support to Store L&Ds for efficient utilisation of the Regional Training Levy budget
- Support leaders to monitor, measure and report on training & development plans of their co-workers and support in recognising achievements made
- Collaborate with business partners (AFLC, HRIS) in optimising the use of learning tools and system (iGrow) not only for Learning but for Succession and Development as well
- Support the Al Futtaim Talent Review processes by ensuring that all Employee Profiles are updated and Line Managers have completed Talent Profiles
- Support in the development and design of individual development plan for co-worker potentials and ensure alignment with company business plans and strategy
- Define way of working with agile and assignment driven succession planning for key competences
- Secure learning in the Business implemented and integrated to support learning on both individual level and organizational level
- Ensure maximum utilisation of AFLC learning offerings to develop capability and leadership skills
- Ensure delivery of Inter-IKEA foundation programmes locally to secure competence at all levels
- Build competence of department trainers in ensuring effective programme delivery, facilitation and learning approach are applied
- Evaluate and adapt training & development programmes based on changes that occur in the work environment reflecting the corporate values and leadership competence
- Support in providing the right development framework to retain UAE Nationals within the IKEA workforce
- Undertake Business Needs Analysis on an annual basis in order to plan, develop and implement the learning and development strategies across the Region
- Contribute in the enhancement and development of process and systems for measuring learning in line with short and long term business goals
- Guide the Store L&Ds in Training Budget Exercise and capture potential costs relating to the annual L&D and Talent Management
- Support the Al Futtaim Talent for specific projects on Talent Initiatives and Programme
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.