Our vision “To create a better everyday life for the many people” is the reason why IKEA and our shopping centres exists and why people choose and love to come to us. It is the driving force behind our success.Job description
We want to be the “Preferred shopping centre destination” for retailers and business partners. In additional to that, we are here to create and enable active experiences for families and friends in Johor, inspiring them to have enjoyable moments. For a successful future we must secure “Growth with long term profitability” and we will do this by a consistent focus within our four strategic cornerstones of Growth, People, Sustainability and Costs.
Acting like a market leader in all our decision making and securing a “Market Leadership Mentality” in our organisation will drive us to reaching our vision.
- Prospect & secure inline premises (as the temporary solutions), common area and other means of leasing.
- Maintain strong relationship and have clear understanding of the expansion plans and technical requirements of tenants in particular category (common area and temporary solutions for inline premises)
- Strategize deal structure, prepare and coordinate all leasing related materials to deliver best possible lease deals by reaching or exceeding pre-defined commercial goals through negotiation strategy
- Contribute & support yearly lease plan actions, evaluate possible commercial or reputational risks, initiate and propose solutions (risks & commercial results) for stakeholders to take leasing decisions.
- Work with matrix leasing teams to deliver reporting information, presentations and support and encourage short term lease convert into long term lease.
- Establish & build networking channels with potential prospects, existing tenants, consultants, and contribute a strong database to master tenant database.
- Constantly conduct market research, competitors studies, following the new trend and to initiate new brands which is most relevant to SC lease strategies for maintaining the competitive edge of the SC.
- Establish and maintain good and long term relationship with tenants for sustainable business cooperation as Preferred Landlord and Initiate cooperation with existing tenants in terms of bringing new brands to SC as the first choice.
- Represent Ikano Centre on selected business events, exhibitions and other events in accordance with Company policy.
- Keeping TMS or other defined system updated with relevant information on assigned tenants and potential brands (including waiting lists, company and brand information, relations history, etc.)
- Initiate solution to maintain the relationship with tenant for future projects even though there is dispute on commercial terms.
Other tasks as assigned by line manager as defined in company business plan, company strategy or business need of the Company related to leasing issues.Qualification
- Professional Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree, preferably in Real Estate or related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years working experience in leasing & marketing / leasing administration within a shopping centre environment.
- Pro-active with positive attitude, independent and strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to create and improve cooperation.
- Strong in tenant solicitation, lease negotiation & retailer network/relationship.
- Able to work independently and under pressure, able to multi-task.
- Possesses good verbal and written in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Others additional language will added advantages.
Please apply by 28-February-2023.