The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
A day in your life with us:
- Contributing to positioning the IKEA shop as the first choice for home furnishing in the local market.
- Demonstrating the uniqueness of the IKEA product range through your visual merchandising competence and display techniques in different shop media and activity areas to distance us from the competition.
- Securing the use of the shop layout to create a good product overview and strong visual impact that facilitates the buying process.
- Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming you will turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
- Developing the shop layout to ensure it is used to create optimal visual impact, offers a good product overview and supports the commercial priorities. This provides an easy buying process for our customers.
- Acting as a change sponsor by creating a direction, planning, managing and coaching co-workers in understanding the “why”, so we can move from knowing to doing.
- Applying your home furnishing knowledge to ensure up-to-date home furnishing solutions and other store media that exceed our visitors’ expectations.
- Stimulating and increasing the interest for home furnishing through constantly showing new and inspiring solutions that motivate people to visit the IKEA store frequently.
- Using the richness of the IKEA product range to show distinct and different styles that appeal to many individual tastes and needs to distance us from the competition.
- Reflecting the IKEA Brand identity by creating visual impact in all commercial, sales support and co-worker areas.
Who are you ?
- Knowledge of IKEA Concept, including our vision and business idea, IKEA culture and values
- Significant experience of working as an interior designer or visual merchandiser with a higher education qualification in interior designing or architecture.
- A deep passion, curiosity, and understanding of home furnishing, people’s everyday life at home, visual merchandising, interior design, retailing and communication.
- Acting as an inspiring and motivating leader who is confident in communicating and coaching backed by the ability to explain concepts and visual interpretation verbally.
- Actively seeking new and improved ways of working simply and cost effectively.
- You are a creative thinker who has commercial and visual competence as well as a keen eye for aesthetics to capitalise on the short- and long-term business opportunities within the retail environment.
- You are detail oriented and can work within set/tight deadlines.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.