Taking climate action and keeping global warming to below 1.5°C degrees is crucial for the future of our planet and for the success of IKEA. It’s about living up to our vision and securing the success of our business in a net zero economy. We know that our co-workers, customers and the general public want us to act and to support them in taking action. In November 2021 the world will meet at the UN Climate Conference (COP26). This pivotal moment is an opportunity for IKEA to inspire, enable and influence urgent climate action - leading through actions and demonstrating it is good business to be a good business. We have ambitious plans.
In order to support these plans we have a number of project leadership roles to manage different project streams within the COP 26 plan.
We are looking for you with a passion for project leadership, communication and supporting other people to be excellent communicators!
You need to have good administrative skills and be a good organiser, who can take responsibility from start to end, and keep deadlines. You need to be able to prioritise and make decisions with speed and simplicity in a complex global environment. You have a curious and open mindset, and are always looking for better ways of doing things for best possible end result. You communicate in a clear and inspirational way always with IKEA tone of voice.
More in detail you need to have:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with internal and external communication and / or project leadership/ management
- Preferred experience with event management
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Project management skills, portfolio of realized projects is a plus
- Proven advanced training in project leadership, ideally in communication context
- Knowledge and experience from agile ways of working is a plus
- Previous proven experience with leading in change
We believe you are a natural in building long-term and strong relationships with internal stakeholders. You get motivated by driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through collaboration. Most important, we see that you share and live our IKEA culture and values.
In this role as Project Leader, you will:
- Drive project management of communication projects in the COP 26 plan, such as major events and positioning campaigns, based on an agile mindset
- Define, plan, create, execute and follow-up on communication. Assist in the creation of communication and support leaders and co-workers to be our best ambassadors.
- Support and guide the different domains in communication
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, and ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Support specific meeting places with general communication support
- Drive the creation of clear, compelling communication materials to inform and engage all audiences (internal and external). Develop alongside other communicators and tap into wider resources, i.e. social/digital, PR, stakeholder engagement, campaigns etc.
- Work across function within INGKA Group and in good collaboration with other IKEA businesses
Please note that, these roles are temporary assignments for around one year and you will report to different roles within group Communication, depending on the role.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We strongly position IKEA as a truly meaningful & trusted brand in people’s hearts & minds, with a focus on us as a retailer and our positive societal impact. At IKEA we believe in people and that we are always better together. Within Group Communication we collaborate on using words, pictures and videos to tell the story about IKEA, to build our brand and inspire people with our offer. We’re also the ones who make sure to keep all our fellow co-workers informed, engaged and connected in a constantly changing business environment.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
We look forward receiving your application as soon as possible, latest 9th of May 2021. Please send us your application in English and note that we do not accept applications by email. If you have any questions about the recruitment process or the role, please contact recruiter Julia Schnittger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!