Who you are
As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You have a passion for creating an IKEA fit for the multichannel-retailing future and living the change process that comes with it as well as increasing customer value, and thinking customer first.
For this role we believe you have minimum 5 years of experience in Digital Marketing, E-commerce or similar. In addition, you have experience in driving output within set scope and following up results, experience of taking commercial decisions based on market and digital knowledge, experience of online business, digital media and e-marketing techniques, experience of working in a retailer environment as well as experience in digital range presentation techniques.
You have extensive knowledge of sales steering and range presentation. In addition, you have broad knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, IKEA Culture & Values and vision as well as of IKEA tools, processes and cycles as well as of Life at Home and Home Furnishing. On top of this you have good knowledge of INGKA Group strategies, priorities and key process as well as of the IKEA multichannel reality and online customer behaviour as well as of the end user in the IKEA multichannel shopping experience. You also have good knowledge of online commerce best practices in the local market as well as of managing digital assets with web design & merchandising techniques as well as of SEO/SEM.
You have strong organisational and planning skills with an ability to prioritize and turn strategies into operational plans and impactful actions combined with good analytical and strategic skills with ability to balance range presentation and commercial priorities when merchandising the product listing pages. Further, you have ability to work and perform under pressure, with flexibility and simplicity, as well as ability to follow up on work done and capture learnings to improve as well as ability to keep a flexible, hands-on approach to responsibilities and to meet deadlines.
What you'll be doing day to day
In the role as Country Online Merchandising Specialist, you are responsible for supporting all visitors to the online channels by offering the best browsing and shopping experience throughout the IKEA range. You are also responsible for contributing actively to attract and convert more consumers to customers and encouraging existing customers to shop more frequently and in larger volumes by leveraging the home furnishing competence and digital skills of IKEA.
• Act as a member of the E-commerce team and proactively contribute to E-commerce plan/output in order to deliver to the common objectives and goals
• Be responsible for planning and optimizing the layout of product listing pages and across different digital media, to show the width and depth the IKEA range to support the seasonality and commercial priorities while simplifying the buying process
• Contribute to conversion optimisation by sharing recommendations with the Sales Leaders, for example add-on sales and cross-selling
• Contribute to the customer experience and customer journey through working closely with Range Specialist, Content editor and the HF&RD (Home Furnishing & Retail Design) function
• Contribute insight and ideas to the briefing of the content process supporting the digital customer experience
• Apply knowledge of the living situation of the consumers and the changes in shopping behaviour which could impact the range presentation
• Continuously monitor the market and competitors, identifying new range presentation techniques and features in order to translate them into commercially viable implementations
• Contribute knowledge of the IKEA range and market relevancy to the content process supporting the digital customer experience.
• Measure and follow up the performance of online merchandising by analysing customer behaviour
• Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and maximize impact (for example HF&RD, Digital, CFF (Customer Fulfilment), Communications, Sustainability, BNOF (Business Navigation Operations & Finance), People & Culture)
• Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values, and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
Our team within Ikea
The mission of our team is to turn visitors into happy customers. We’re a diverse group of digital fanatics who work together to lead our business development and operations across digital channels to inspire people with the IKEA range wherever they are – on a bus, in the waiting room, at an IKEA store, at home on the sofa or in the bathtub.