• Good coordination and management experience in retail fit-out, design or MEP work • ＞5 years experience of construction industry, preferably shopping malls • Good understanding of retailers needs and demands, both internationally and locally in China • Fluent in English and Mandarin both verbally as well as written • Experience from China, working in an international environment is a plus. • Degree Level or other relevant educational qualification
Capabilities & Skills
• Upright personality, integrity and uphold highest standard of professional ethics. • Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action. • Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others. • Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions. • Team spirit • Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value. • Goal and standard driven with ability to follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met. • Willingness to travel frequently and relocate (ranging from 3 months to 1 year) in different cities according to company needs.
1. Initiation & Design Phase: • Assist project manager to develop and implement process and procedures to identify, plan, monitor and report on all required tenant related authority’s approvals and permits. • Review all proposed lease agreements with respect to impact on base building parameters and technical provisions • Lead and manage tenant handover conditions negotiation • Lead, manage, update and follow up tenant related fit out costs, budgets and in accordance to handover conditions. • Lead and manage tenant design related works • Developing and implementing tenant area hand over, design and fit out standards and procedures with the help of trackers. • Coordination among the Project/SC Teams, the tenants, the fit out companies and the authorities.
2. Fit Out Phase: • Work with relevant parties to ensure the tenants fit out works are carried out according to the agreed goals of safety, quality, programme and in compliance with the national, regional and IKEA Centres China safety requirements. • Assist in obtaining permits for fit-out works where applicable. • Manage to ensure all relevant permissions are obtained for any tenant fit out works. • Daily inspection on the fit-out site to ensure fit out works are in compliance with IKEA Centres China standards • Daily inspection on the fit-out site to ensure tenants’ fit-out contractors implement safety measures that are in compliance with the national, regional and IKEA Centres China safety requirements. • Work with relevant parties to ensure fit out works progress according to agreed time table 3. Pre-opening, Trading and Reinstatement Phase: • Lead and manage to manage tenant permission for trade • Secure and control all relevant permissions, especially those relating to safety and fire protection. • Secure all payment by tenant to IKEA Centres China are received • Lead and manage tenant related tenant upgrade and reinstatement works
4. Others • Lead and manage tenant related documentation hard/soft copies • Lead and manage master trackers, others if any required for tenant related works; • For details refer to ICC guideline on Tenant Coordination Without us our many co-workers and customers wouldn’t have an IKEA to go to. We make sure to secure, build and maintain our physical locations - from stores to offices to factories – to meet the needs of the many people. Together we lead the way in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable, and innovative solutions for every property. And we feel a great sense of pride in seeing everything working smoothly!
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
If someone’s the spider in the web, that’s us! We work across functions with different teams, stakeholders and partners on all sides and bring out the best of everyone involved – while meeting deadlines and budgets. We don’t mean to brag, but our planning skills are celebrated. In our team we support each other to ensure that all projects are delivered with high quality. And of course, we have a lot of fun along the way!