We are building a betterIKEA where we lead the business and create growth in a simplified and better way, based on our culture, values and with customers and people in focus. Creating a betterIKEAPurchasinghas the aim to ensure that our ways of working enables IKEA to grow and develop according to Growing IKEA Together 2021 and beyond.
Wearenowlookingto recruit a Business Development Manager to join ourexcitingjourney!
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organization with great development potential, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”!
With knowledge and experience in the field of purchasing, you have a strong capability to identify and capture business opportunities and deliver excellent results. You are able to lead on an operational/tactical level with the business strategy in mind. Your strong analytical skills and fact-based business leadership capabilities support making the right decisions and their implementations. Your eagerness to build trust and partnership to reach common goals is remarkable. You are highly interested in understanding the markets we are working in as well as the reality of production.
You come with good track record in current & previous positions, in leading and developing both business and people, you lead by example and have the ability to bring out the best in your team and the people and organizations you encounter. You identify very much with our values and enjoy creating an environment where the IKEA Values and Culture are a strong and living reality.
AsBusinessDevelopmentManagerin Category Wall deco,your main assignments will be:
• Overall responsible for the business and suppliers performance in EU
• Set the business direction with clear Action Plan(s) to improve and develop business and supplier performance, and deliver to the Category Plan, using the Supplier Development Process
• Secure planning and execution to fulfil the sourcing assignment and pro-actively work together with HFBs (range team) to integrate opportunities and act on deviations
• Accountable for professional and long term relationship with suppliers through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
• Develop existing suppliers in EU and identify and start-up new competitive suppliers with the business teams or together with new business team.
• Have the Business developer assignment for at least one supplier (not necessarily the biggest one)
• As part of the Category Management team, actively contribute to the development of the Category Plan and sourcing strategy
• Lead and contribute to global projects in wall deco and in the category area
• Responsible for recruitment, development, performance management, retention and succession plans for co-workers directly in your teams
• Responsible for driving Leadership and Competence agenda: Identify needs and gaps, and build leadership and competence plans to meet the short and long term business needs
• At any time, act as an ambassador of IKEA Values and Culture , Role Model for Fact-based Business leadership
• As Business Development Manager in Wall deco you will work together with other Business Development Managers in other regions to develop the total Category business on a global level.
• In Warsaw you will work together with our Global engineering and quality leader and Global Category logistic leader to develop the business together, and to support the 3 teams located in Warsaw
Reports to: Andreas Persson,Category Manager for Wall deco, located in Älmhult ,Sweden Location
The Business Development Manager position is located in Warsaw-Poland.
If you have any question regarding the recruitment process and/or the positions: