We are looking to welcome a Retail Risk & Compliance Assistant to join our Risk & Compliance team at IKEA Warrington. Retail security experience preferred but not essential.
In the IKEA world, we call this position a Risk & Compliance Co-worker.
WHAT WE OFFER • £10.10 basic hourly rate • Living Wage Foundation Employer • We are a Disability Confident Leader (Level 3)
• 39 hours per week, working 5 days over 7, including evenings & 3 out of 4 weekends.
Shift work ranging from 07:00 starts to 23:00 finish with the occasional 00:00 finish dependent on store needs
We operate 7 days a week to meet the shopping needs of our customers, this role will require availability to work during the day, late evenings, and full weekends.
• Flexibility on availability to be discussed during interviews • We offer permanent contracts, advanced scheduling & regular weekend off
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family's everyday needs.
• 15% co-worker discount & I-Benefits discount portal helping you save £100’s on High Street retailers • Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal • X3 Life Assurance, enhanced statutory pension contributions & interest free loans • Holiday on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day • Family Friendly policies & benefits • Commitment to your development throughout your IKEA career, starting on your first day • Free parking and you can also enjoy a free hot or cold meal option every shift!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE You are passionate about ensuring that we work together to make a more secure and safety environment for our customers and co-workers and do the best for people and the environment by creating a sustainable way of living. The IKEA values really reflect your own values. You have a high standard of written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills. An ability to work in a self-directive environment to resolve problems and to complete tasks within deadlines, an ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated customer service experience in a reception or concierge role in a busy environment. Hungry for knowledge and want to increase your skills and learning, using this to benefit IKEA and grow personally. Ability to react to an emergency situation & be prepared to make decisions.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY The job is varied & no two days are the same, you contribute to the shopping experience by ensuring a safe environment for our customers & co-workers.
• You meet and greet all persons entering the store and maintain visitor, contractors and co-worker access to and from the store.
• You monitor fire safety & security systems, respond to alarms and initiate emergency response without delay and support the Safety & Security function in store through monitoring and review of CCTV and other security infrastructure.
• You are responsible for the recording of incidents and accidents; maintaining the Incident Reporting System and assist with Loss Prevention and detection of offenders.
• You will carry out administrative duties, including audits, reports, maintaining and filing records and support the stores daily operations.
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step, please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better. Second step, if successful you will be invited to an interview with one of our hiring managers.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, email us @ email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!